Thursday, January 22, 2015

Monster Adjectives

So let me explain my situation. Before starting my current job, my little family and I were living in the Caribbeans on a little island called Dominica. No, not the Dominican Republic, just Dominica! My husband was accepted as a Medical Student there and so as a loving and dedicated wife(well...I tried fighting it for a few months), I left my job as a 2nd grade teacher, my friends and family and moved to this little humid island! Now if you want to know about that experience, you'll have to read about it on my other blog here because that experience needed it's own blog!

Anyway, we were there for about 1 year and 3 months. My hubby and I decided it would be a good idea for me and the kiddos to come back to The States so that the boys could start school at the beginning of a new school year and so that I could possibly find a job. Needless to say with in a month of searching I found one as a 1st grade teacher!

However, before I got that job, I was asked by my old my old school to sub, for 2nd grade....in my old classroom. BIZARRE! I said, "Heck yes" and started working again 5 days after I got back from Dominica!

Here are some things that we did while I was subbing there.
This is Charter School in Sacramento. While I was working as a 2nd Grade teacher a few years earlier, we were asked to basically create our own Curriculum. It was the most stressful, crazy, yet fun and amazing 1 and 1/2 years of my life! I had the MOST amazing 2nd grade team and we had so much fun creating our 2nd grade curriculum.

I remember we were teaching adjectives and wanting to do something fun. So my team and I thought...why not describe monsters! Thus leading to our Monster Adjective! I even made a monster adjective worksheet/workshop activity that's up in my TPT store.


What we did in the pictures below is different from my Monster Adjective worksheets. I had my scholars describe their monsters and then go back and highlight the adjectives that they used. Then they glued their drawing and writing paper onto construction paper. I thought they did a really good job! :) If you'd like to grab the lined Monster Adjective paper, you can grab it here.


















No comments:

Post a Comment